The AASL Student Travel Award is intended to introduce a library school student or recent graduate interested in a career in architecture school librarianship to the membership and activities of AASL through in person or virtual attendance at the organization’s annual conference. The awards committee will also consider applications from currently enrolled or recently graduated (within twelve months) M.Arch or B.Arch students who are pursuing careers in architecture librarianship.
1. The amount of the award is up to $600.00. If the awardee attends the conference in person, they will receive $600 to defray travel expenses. If the awardee attends the conference virtually, they will receive funds to cover conference registration.
2. Waiver of annual AASL dues for a period of one year.
1. Students who are currently enrolled in an ALA accredited graduate program or individuals who have graduated from an ALA accredited program within twelve months of the application deadline are eligible to apply for this award.
2. The recipient of the award must confirm in writing via e-mail that they able to meet the requirement of in person or virtual conference attendance.
3. The recipient of the award will submit a brief post-conference report for posting on the AASL Website. The report should outline conference activities and experiences and include an account of how the award supported professional development goals.
1. Complete the application form: https://forms.gle/87fi4T8DbLcJ2cgV7.